posted 27 Sep 2010, 09:23 by Sam Mbale
updated 27 Sep 2010, 09:26
NEW YORK, Sept. 27 /PRNewswire/ --
HBA GLOBAL EXPO & CONFERENCE
September 28-30, 2010
Jacob K. Javits Convention
11th Avenue between 34th & 39th Street
New York, NY
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 28
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 29
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 30
WHO : This year's show has more than 600 international industry suppliers and educational partners presenting their latest products, innovations, and expertise at the health and beauty industry's premier international product development event––HBA Global Expo & Conference. The top brand manufacturers and marketers, emerging entrepreneurs, and enterprising niche companies from around the world are expected to attend.
WHY : HBA Global Expo is the only industry-specific exposition and educational conference for the cosmetic, fragrance, personal care, skin care, and well-being industries, featuring new products, trends and technologies. Highlights of the show include:
- Pamela Baxter, President and CEO of LVMH Perfumes & Cosmetics North America, whose name is synonymous with Dior, Guerlain, Givenchy, delivering the Keynote Address on Tuesday, September 28th at 9:00 a.m. in the Special Events Hall.
- Iconic supermodel, Christie Brinkley, receiving the annual HBA Positively Beautiful Award for her work on behalf of SMILE TRAIN (www.smiletrain.org) after the Keynote presentation.
- Trend Spot Theater (Booth 970) featuring live make-up demonstrations from celebrity make-up artistEve Pearl and others including the latest in lashes, make-up for all skin colors, timeless beauty, flawless complexions for high-def beauty, and global beauty trends.
- Break-Out Brand of the Year, announced by the Honest Beauty blog, with nominees that include Lisa Hoffman Beauty, No. 4 High Performance Hair Care, StarletGlam, Irresistible Beauty, EnPointe Skin Solutions, Navajo Naturals and Hard Candy.
- New Products Innovation Showcase (Booth 1964) featuring skin care formulations, active ingredients, sustainable packaging, organics, private label offerings, and the chance to vote for the best new product.
- Daily beauty sampling and tastings presented by Mintel, a global market research company, and daily Innovation Tours of worldwide beauty innovations and the HBA New Products Showcase.
- On-line communities meet-up in the Social Spot (Booth 763) as well as expert tips on building an on-line presence, meet the Beauty Bloggers, and book signing by trail-blazing beauty blogger,Nadine Jolie.
- The presentation of the HBA International Package Design Awards (IPDA), showcasing the best finished goods products in cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, skin care, and sustainability categories.
- Travel from India to the Dominican Republic to Italy with an exhibit floor filled with international suppliers of raw materials and ingredients, packaging, private label and services. This year HBA features 150 new exhibitors, returning flagship companies, as well as a Green Pavilion to help understand the latest certification and regulations that will impact the beauty business.
- Leading edge educational offerings with the Trends Conference, Green Conference, Marketing and Technical Conference, and the new Global Perspectives Conference featuring top beauty and personal care experts including: leading anthropologist Dr. Birute Mary Galdakis, Orangutan Foundation International; Susan Akkad, Estee Lauder; Carmen Bauza, Walmart; Marla Malcolm Beck, bluemercury; Dr. Liliana George, Estee Lauder; Paolo Giacomoni, Clinique; Carrie Gross, Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare; Jason Harcup, Unilever; Howard Kreitzman, Bloomingdale; Peggy Lee, Maybelline; Ido Leffler, Yes To Carrots; Wendy Lewis, Global Trends Advisor; Nirav Mehta, Coty Beauty; Karen Robinovitz, Purple Lab; Jenny Rushmore, P&G; Maria Sansotta, Tarte; Jolene Schwartz, Appearances For Men; Jill Tomandi, Stila Cosmetics; and Jasper van Brakel, Weleda;
- For the first at HBA and in North America, natural cosmetics workshops presented by Organic Monitor
- The latest in skin care, cosmetics, hair care, fragrance, and personal care
- Anti-aging, beneficial beauty, and sun protection products
- Demonstrations of the latest spa and wellness treatments and massage therapies
- Color palettes and beauty trends for 2011
- Dazzling displays of unique packaging creations, skin analysis, sustainable materials and delivery systems
- Real-time make-overs for high definition and ageless beauty
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100915/NY65362LOGO )
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20100915/NY65362LOGO )
SOURCE HBA Global